Leche Flan


One of the well-known Filipino delicacies is Leche Flan. This dessert is one of the favorites of Filipinos especially during the Christmas season and some other feasts.
Just like other Filipino delicacies, Leche Flan has many variations also. It may take some time to make this dish that's why people prefer to buy those that are already made rather than making it themselves. Although it make some time, its a simple recipe to make. Here are the ingredients:

10 egg yolks
1 can condensed milk
1/2 can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of water
steamer

Procedure:

For the caramel of the leche flan, use a medium-sized oval shaped container to mix the sugar and water. Caramelize the sugar but be careful not to overcook or else it will be bitter. Let the caramel cool for awhile while make the custard of the leche flan.

For the custard, mix the egg yolks, condensed and evaporated milk, and vanilla extract together. After thoroughly mixing all the ingredients, put it on top of the caramel but don't put until the top of the container.

Then, put aluminum foil on top of the container. Let it steam for around 30-45 minutes or until the leche flan is done.

To serve, run over the side of the container with a sharp knife until the leche flan is a bit loose from the container. Put a plate on top of the container and flip the plate with the container to make leche flan drop on the plate. And, that's it!

Enjoy!

image source: http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t157/ToTiKaG/LecheFlan2.jpg

21 comments:

Kev said...

Simple but elegant, this dish is one of the best ever made :D You just can't get enough of its sweetness!

Anonymous said...

yum!

Rex said...

looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

I feel so hungry :S

Eunice said...

I miss eating this for dessert :(

Anonymous said...

YUM YUM!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember back in high school, my friends and I would buy 2 whole flans and share. Most of the time, I'd buy one for myself and NOT share. Good times.

Anonymous said...

leche flan!sweeeeet!yummy!amazing! :)

Anonymous said...

give me some of this!=))

Anonymous said...

This Is It!

Anonymous said...

melts in your mouth. yummy!

Anonymous said...

Which reminds me.. I better eat the one in the ref before it spoils! Definitely one of my favorite desserts! :P

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

dang, love this

Enz said...

my FAVORITE :>

Anonymous said...

Im already missing the Philippines just by seeing this.

Anonymous said...

My tita can make leche flan better than anyone else. =)

Anonymous said...

One of the greatest delicacies that the world could ever taste. I still remember eating this when i was a child and i'm pretty sure i won't miss eating this again in the future. I'm gonna pass down this cuisine to my children and their grand children so that this cuisine won't die. :)

Anonymous said...

ILABIT!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!! :)

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THIS!!! :D one of my favorites! :D thanks for the post..

Post a Comment